Feb 27, 2014

Colors and Bottles

I'm sure you have all heard of those painting classes where there is an instructor that walks you through how to create a masterpiece, and your main focus is drinking so the painting looks better.

I did one of those on Sunday for the first time. I have 2 other classes scheduled now, because I LOVED it. 

This one was a traveling one that goes to restaurants and set's up shop there. My college girls and I set it up as a way to spend some time together. Of course it was in a location that I hadn't been to in about 3 years, and after I finally found the place and then found a parking spot I was 15 mins late. And I HATE being late - I think it is the rudest thing ever. 

I ordered a beer before I even sat down! 


But it ended up being so much fun! I started as an art major and have a creative person living inside me dying to escape. Problem is I don't devote as much time to my creative side as I should. This class was timed perfectly because that creative person was really trying to get out the past week. 

We were almost done at this point, and I had enjoyed 2 tall beers.


We painted away and chatted and we all really enjoyed it. And there are a few girls who have no creative ability at all and really didn't want to do this, but even they enjoyed it and their paintings turned out really well! 


This is what the sample picture looked like.


I took lots of pictures of us, but I'm not sure they want their picture plastered on the internet. Actually, they don't even know I have a blog. No one I know in real life knows I have a blog other than my mom and my coworker. I told them I didn't want them to read it, and I'm sure they won't until I want them to. At what point to do you bring up the fact that you write a blog? I'm just so new to this and crazy uncomfortable at this point!


My finished product. I didn't look at the sample at all when I started painting the trees, I just kind of went with whatever came out of my hand.



So if you have any of these classes around you should def get some people together and try it out. It was fun to look at how different everyone's turned out. Like I said, I have 2 more scheduled and I will be sure to give you a review once I've done them. 

Anyone done this before??

1 comment:

  1. I'm planning on doing this in April! It looks like so much fun!

    I know what you mean about telling people in your life you blog. Only a few people know that I do.

    ReplyDelete