Nov 12, 2013

Random Survey

I will be back in the swing of things this week . . . to start the week off, I'm borrowing this survey idea from Angela. Obviously I know you guys want to know some random things about me!

1. What's the first thing that you do when you wake up?
     Turn off the alarm! 

2. What's the third picture on your phone? Share it!
     As I went to get the third picture off my phone, I quickly realized - what is the third picture? Is it the actual third picture you took on your phone (which for me was about one year and 1069 pictures ago), or is it the third picture in when you are looking at all of your pictures? So I leave you with both:
Cooper my dog, 3rd picture I ever took on my phone. This is also my home screen picture. Luthor my fluffy cat last night on my lap - the flash bugged him so he hopped off right after this picture and I couldn't get another one.


3. What TV shows are you most excited about returning this Fall?
     I'm a sucker for 2 Broke Girls and Mike & Molly - half hour shows that I can shut down my mind and just laugh. 

4. What is something really popular that you secretly (or not so secretly) loathe?
     Reality TV - these shows generally annoy and bother me. I do, however, like to watch The Biggest Loser.

5. Do you have any pets? Tell us about them. Bonus points for pictures!

     I'm sure if you have read one of my other posts, you would guess that I had a dog. He is my life - Cooper the Cocker Spaniel will be 13 in January. I also have 2 cats, and 2 turtles. 
     The turtles were a gift 9 years ago and they were soooo tiny and cute. Fast forward to 2013 and they are a giant pain in my butt. They each have to have their own HUGE tank (because they fight), and require expensive light bulbs that pop every other week, and require an extensive tank cleaning once a month. I would love to get rid of them, but being the animal lover that I am, I'm afraid they will go somewhere and be neglected. So until I can find somewhere awesome for them to go, I will continue to shell out the money for all of their needs. 
     The two cats started as one. I was lonely in Allentown, PA and dogs weren't allowed in my apartment - not that I would have time for a dog - I was working my first job and almost always working 12 hour days. So, as being a dog person my whole life, I ventured out and got a cat. Best thing I ever did. His name is Kal-El (Superman's Kryptonian name) and he is 7 years old.
One of my co-worker's cats had kittens. She was going to take them to the Humane Society. I snagged him before he went.

     Luthor is my second kitty, and is a super snuggly fluff ball. I got him because once I moved back home, I was never home and I felt bad for Kal-El. So I got Luthor to be his friend. I was told not to get him, because having 2 male cats wouldn't work, but I haven't had any issues. I saw a picture of Luthor on a shelter flyer, and immediately knew he was meant to be mine. 



6. If you could put together one outfit that represents you perfectly, what would it be?
     Jeans, T-shirt, hoodie, and tennis shoes. I'm low maintenance and like to be comfy. 

7. What's you favorite adult beverage?

     An ice cold Bud Select. If I'm at home that would be a Busch Light.

8. What's your favorite guilty pleasure?

     A manicure and pedicure. I LOVE having my nails look nicely done - but just can't justify spending the money. So I do them myself and they look like crap.

9. What are three positive words that describe you?

     Honest, organized, unique (yes unique could be a negative word, but for me it's positive - I like how I'm my own person).

10. What's your favorite Friday afternoon/evening activity?
     Grab a few beers after work at my local bar, grab some kind of terrible food and head home to eat it while sitting on my couch watching some DVR shows.

11. A day in the life: What does your typical day look like?
    Wake-up, work, come home and do some sort of chore, cook dinner, lay on the couch and watch TV, go to bed. Pretty awesome huh?!

12. If you could live anywhere else in the world, where would it be?

     I would love to live way up in Michigan (I know - blasphemy from a Buckeye) on the lake. I'm talking like WAY up in the UP. And I wouldn't necessarily need to be on Lake Michigan, but some kind of lake. I would want it to be secluded and peaceful.  

13. You've got a whole day to yourself... what will you do?
     I'm always by myself. . . . but if I could do anything I wanted, I would wear sweats, start a fire, curl up on the couch with my animals and read all day. Unless it's summer - then I would sit out on my patio with my book. But this hardly ever happens - I have too much crap to do all the time.

14. Dream job?
     A stay at home mom with no kids - that exists right?! 
     Honestly, I would like to write and illustrate children's books. 

15. Least favorite chore?
     Folding and putting away the laundry. No problem doing it - big problem getting it back to where it belongs.
Typical Sunday evening laundry baskets that lurk around until next Sunday.


16. When do you feel most like a rock star?
     After I get my hair colored and cut. I always make sure I put in my contacts, and put on makeup and look cute before going, because I know my hair will NEVER look like that again. 

17. What is something you are currently trying to improve within yourself?

     My eating habits - I'm a super picky eater, and once I find something I like, I want to eat that forever. I'm trying hard to branch out and eat healthier and more balanced meals. This will be a fun challenge while traveling for work for the next month.  

Have a good week everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. LOL to #14. I'm by myself all the time too so question 13 is not really pertinent to me haha.

    ReplyDelete