Apr 3, 2014

Spring Goals

Now that it is several days into spring, I am finally going to lay out my spring goals. My idea is that as soon as the season changes on the calendar (June 21st) I will have these goals done. I don't think I went too overboard, so we will see what happens!



ONE

Participate in April Wallet Watch. I've already laid out my rules here. My big area is the groceries. I swear I can live off my pantry and freezer for a least a solid month. So I'm not buying anything other than eggs, milk, etc. I'm really excited to see how this turns out!


Life According to Steph


TWO
Plan and plant my garden. The goal is to complete this task this weekend. I have a 4x4 raised garden in my yard, and section it off into 16 sections. Every hear of Square Foot Gardening? Well that's what I do. I have a plan from the past two years as to what goes where (you have to make sure you partner the veggies appropriately). So this weekend I will till the dirt, and plant some seeds. At this point it's only the cold weather veggies. Watching my garden grow is seriously one of the most amazing things. 


THREE
Exercise every day May. I have a bad habit of succumbing to the trap of the couch each evening. I'm going to try and be more active in April too, but since 2 days have passed and I haven't worked out, I would have failed that goal. So I will get used to it in April, and then do EVERY DAY in May.




FOUR
Paint my Great Room. I have lived in my house for 5 years and haven't ever painted this room. I actually love the color (an off white, with a chocolate brown accent wall), so I'm going to keep it the same, but it needs a fresh coat. While I'm at it I will paint the ceilings on the entire first floor. I have already purchased the ceiling paint. The wall paint is a budgeted expense for April.


FIVE
Once the great room is painted, I want to hang art. Yes, I've lived in my house 5 years and have nothing hanging on the walls in this room. I have TONS of stuff ready to hang, but I want a fresh coat of paint before I get nail happy.

SIX
Garage Cleanup. With the death of my Grandma last fall, I've accumulated a lot of stuff in the garage. I honestly have no idea what is even stowed away in all of the corners. I will do a thorough cleaning/organization/purge. Which leads to my next goal.

SEVEN
I already have a pile of donate/sell stuff in the garage. It's been there for over a year. I WILL get rid of it. Along with anything I find in the garage cleanup that needs to go.



I love the purging and cleaning of spring, but it doesn't like me so much. My spring allergies are off the charts, so another goal I have every year is just staying functional and not having to make a trip to the ER. 




So what do you have planned for this spring?

3 comments:

  1. I love the 'exercise every day may' that's a good one. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the habit to workout everyday takes 4wks of repeated activity at the same time! so as long as you workout every day at the same time for 4wks, you'll be good :)

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your goals! All of them!

    Listen to Kathy re: Fitness. She's Fitness Jesus.

    ReplyDelete