May 20, 2013

CRAZY Week

I think an entire week of my life disappeared. I had the best intentions to work on this little blog all of last weekend, but clearly that didn't happen. . . . 

I kind of forgot I had a work trip. I guess I didn't forget (I don't think my OCD would ever let me forget something like that). I was more in denial that this trip was actually going to occur. Where I work, trips are frequently canceled. I once had planned on leaving around 3 in the afternoon to drive somewhere so I could be there first thing the next morning, and I got an email at 11 o'clock that day saying the meeting had been postponed. And that wasn't the first time. I know for a fact I've had 3 trips planned that got canceled less than a week before the scheduled travel. 

So for this trip, I kept telling myself it wasn't going to happen. Not that I didn't want to go to the meeting - great opportunity for work, and was going to meet some great people - it was the fact that I didn't want to RIDE IN THE CAR 8 HOURS with a co-worker. And the 8 hours was just for the ride THERE. Then 8 hours of meetings, a hotel stay, and ANOTHER 8 hours in the car back! 

You may think I'm being dramatic, but I assure you, I was not. Don't get me wrong - I have a tendency to be dramatic about everything, but when your other co-workers are telling you "good luck" for the car ride, you know it's going to be a doozy. So you can see why I would have loved for this trip to be canceled. And Saturday morning I thought it might be - I got an email invite to an emergency meeting Monday morning that I HAD to attend. Well, how can I attend a web based meeting when I'm driving in a car? But, they found someone else to fill the need, and off I went. 

So that blew 2 days of my life. And I swear I have been catching up ever since. It really does blow my mind how just 2 days from keeping up with all of my email can throw the next few weeks so off course. (Side note - 85% of the time I fire up my computer and sort through my email on Sunday evening from the weekend. Otherwise my Monday is shot). 

(We get to use these IBM think pads for work)


Needless to say, in the little bit of downtime I managed to find this weekend, I decided to do my laundry, relax a little, and finish my book. 

I did have my electrician friend come over this weekend and replace my ceiling fan. I purchased a new shiny one several weeks ago, but didn't have the guts to tackle the wiring (or the high ladder) so I've been waiting for him to help out.

Before - nasty white (that no matter how many times I wiped down, never looked clean): 



After - nice clean stainless steel with chocolate brown paddles that match my accent wall (which you can't see) and my curtains:

That's all for now. I only got an eighth of my list done today, so instead of continuing on that, I'm sitting on my patio blogging. Keep on the lookout for more tomorrow!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment